Corn or maize is one of the most popular cereals in the world and forms the staple food in many countries. Health benefits of corn include controlling diabetes, prevention of heart ailments, lowering hypertension and prevention of neural-tube defects at birth. Corn is also a rich source of vitamins A, B, E and many minerals. Its high fiber content ensures that it plays a significant role in the prevention of digestive ailments like constipation and hemorrhoids as well as colorectal cancer. The antioxidants present in corn also act as anti-carcinogenic agents and prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
Here is a simple and easy recipe for corn lovers: Corn chaat – easy to prepare and it is very nutritious – rich with fiber and other vegetables.
- Corn 1 cup
- Chopped cucumber ½ cup
- Cooked and chopped potato ¼ cup
- Onion chopped 3-4 tsp
- Tomato chopped ¼ cup
- Pomegrante – 1 cup
- Chat masala ¼ tsp
- Pinch of red chilli powder
- Mint leaves chopped 1 tsp or cilantro leaves chopped
- Lemon juice ½ tsp
- Cook/Steam the corn with little salt for 10-15 minutes in medium heat.
- Pressure cook the potatoes and cut into small pieces
- Finely chop onion, cucumber, tomatoes and mint or cilantro leaves
- Combine cooked corn, chopped potato, onion, tomato, cucumber, pomegranate, and mint or cilantro leaves.
- Add red chilli powder, chat masala, little salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Corn Chat is ready to serve.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: January 29, 2016