Looking for healthy recipe to include in your diet program? Include ash gourd soup in your daily diet. Yes, ash gourd soup is a recommended diet item suggested by well known nutrients for those who are looking to reduce weight while exercising. It is a healthy addition to your weight loss diet program because it provides more amount of water with other important nutrients to balance the energy.
- Ash gourd – 1 cup
- Cabbage – ½ cup
- Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Coarse pepper – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per your taste (less is better)
- Butter – little
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
- Wash, remove ash gourd skin and cut into small pieces.
- Grate cabbage and keep aside.
- Cook ash gourd pieces in 2.5 cup water. Remove from heat source and allow it to cool.
- Remove cooked ash gourd pieces from boiled water. Keep boiled water aside.
- Grind cooked ash gourd pieces with corn flour, cinnamon powder and salt.
- Add ash gourd paste to boiled water that is kept aside and boil.
- After boiling 1 or 2 mins, add grated cabbage and continue boiling for couple of more minutes. If needed add little more water.
- Remove soup from heat source, add coarse pepper, lemon juice and butter. Drink soup while it is hot during lunch or dinner.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 2, 2019