If you are not fond of outside food, then you must also know how to prepare varieties of snacks at home that are tasty as well as healthy. Gram flour or besan supplies enough protein. However it can also affect our system by causing bloating and indigestion. One way to use besan is to cook it properly with several ingredients that minimize besan affect on our system. Gram flour rava pakora is an easy snack that contains gram flour, rava (broken wheat) and other ingredients like ginger, carom seeds, asafetida (all three will help reduce gas).
- Gram flour -1 Cup
- Rava – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Carom seeds – 1 tsp
- Water – 4 cups
- Grated ginger or ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Asafetida – little
- Green chilli – 4-5
- Curry leaves – Few
- Chopped cilantro -1/4 cu
- In a vessel mix gram flour, rava, salt, turmeric, carom seeds. Add water and mix well
- On medium heat place a frying pan and add one tsp oil. To heated oil add grated ginger, asafetida, green chilli and few curry leaves.
- Add gram flour-rava mix to seasoning and continue mixing on medium heat. As you mix water will start evaporating and all ingredients will come together in the form of cooked dough
- Remove the mix from heat. Allow it to cool.
- Add chopped cilantro and mix the dough.
- Take small ball size cooked gram flour-rava mix dough and press in your palm to small patty shape.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat, add oil and heat. To heated oil slowly release the flattened besan-rava patties and fry until the color turns golden brown
- Serve hot besan-rava pakora with your choice of chutney – coconut or green chutney.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: July 9, 2019