Flax seed is one of the powerful plant seed as there is enough evidence to suggest that it is helpful in reducing cancer, stroke, diabetes and heart conditions.
It is also known as linseeds, are small, brown, tan or golden-colored seeds that are the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, called alpha-linolenic acid in the world!
It also contains good amount of fiber, protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, phosphorous, selenium and iron.
It is good for cholesterol problems, heart conditions, for skin and hair, good for weight loss! They are gluten free too!!
It is found in many types of food – waffles, oat meal, chutni powder, mouth freshener, healthy bars etc.
We are presenting here recipe for healthy flax seed burfi for sweet lovers – it is much safer to eat and easier to prepare.
- Flax Seed 1 cup
- Peanut 1 cup
- Almond 1/2 cup
- Cashew 1/4 cup
- Jaggery 2 cups (Adjust the quantity )
- Cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg powder pinch
- Dry roast Flax seed, peanut, almond and cashew separately. Remove the skin from roasted peanut. (cover the lid while roasting flax seeds).
- Make coarse powder of cashew, peanut and almond. Make fine powder of flax seeds.
- Dissolve jaggery by adding very little water in medium heat. Filter the jaggery syrup into thick bottom pan and allow it to boil to get sticky consistency. (add a drop of jaggery syrup in a glass of cold water when it forms soft ball then the consistency is perfect)
- Add the roasted ground ingredients into the jaggery syrup and mix well. Add cardamom and nutmeg powder. Mix well and cook for few minutes. Switch off the stove.
- Spread it over a greased plate and allow it to cool down. Cut into pieces.
Recipe and image by: Mamatha Anil @ Bhakshyabhojana.com
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: December 27, 2019