Herbs always provide flavor for any type of cooking. Herbs like rosemary, cilantro, oregano, dried parsley, dill, mint all give different flavor when you add it to snacks or other dishes.
They have medicinal property too and eating them raw may not be tasteful for some.
Here is a way to add various types of herbs in moderation to eggless biscuits and make biscuit taste more delicious.
Eggless Herb Biscuit Recipe
1. 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
2. 4 tsp baking powder
3. ¾ tsp salt
4. 1 teaspoon sugar
5. ½ cup cold salted butter, cubed
6. ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
7. ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
8. 1 cup milk
9. In place of egg: Add one of these ingredients ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce OR ½ cup smashed banana OR ½ cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, egg replacement (of your choice) and herbs. Whisk until mixed.
4. Add butter to the mix. Using finger or pastry cutter cut butter into pea sizes
5. Add milk and mix well – form a dough.
6. Roll dough ¾ inches and cut the biscuits to the size you want.
7. Transfer to baking sheet/pan and bake.
8. Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.