Previously we have given two grandma’s doddapatre recipes: chutney and tambuli
Another delicious snack recipe for all seasons is grandma’s doddpatre or ajwain leaves bajji.
1. Gram flour = 1.5 cup
2. Ajwain/doddapathre leaves with petiole (stalk) = 15
3. Chili powder = 1 tsp
4. Asafoetida = a pinch
5. Cumin seeds =1/2 tsp
6. Salt= per your taste
7. Rice flour= 1 tsp
8. Chopped curry leaves = 1 Tbs
9. Cooking oil
1. In a bowl mix gram flour, rice flour, salt, chili powder, cumin seeds, chopped curry leaves.
2. Remove any clumps present in the gram flour.
3. Add water and mix well to desired consistency (not watery). You should be able to dip leaves in the batter and drop on oil.
4. Wash doddapatre leaves in running water.
5. Heat oil in a deep pan.
6. Dip individual leaves in the spicy batter and slowly drop in the oil.
7. Fry bajji on both sides – should be slightly crispy.
8. Remove bajji from oil and transfer to paper towel to remove excess oil.
9. Serve hot doddapatre bajji with tomato ketchup or green chutney of your choice.