Ingredients for Blending
- Yogurt / curd– 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Blend all the above ingredients and keep it aside.
- Finely sliced Shallots – 5 or 6
- Slit Green Chillies – 3
- Red Chillies – 3
- Curry Leaves – 6-8
- Finely Sliced Ginger – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – A pinch
- Fenugreek – A pinch
- Cumin Seeds or Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a deep pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Saute shallots, green chillies, red chillies, ginger and curry leaves for 2 minutes.
- Add a pinch of turmeric, cumin seeds and fenugreek. Stir for a minute and keep the seasoning aside.
- Reduce heat and add the blended curd mixture to the same pan, stirring continuously.
- Keep on stirring until it becomes warm. Never allow it to boil. Add more salt if required.
- Pour the prepared seasoning over the buttermilk and remove from flame.
- Stir for a few more minutes allowing it to cool.
- Serve with rice or one can have this plain at the end of the meal.
Image courtesy: http://cdn.mariasmenu.com/