Delicious And Spicy Tinda Chutney
Here is a delicious chutney recipe you should try this season. Tinda belongs to Cucumber family, It is also known as tindora, tondekai or Coccinia. One can prepare varieties of dishes using tondekai – vanghi bath or spicy rice bath, curry, can be used in mixed vegetable curry or one can prepare delicious chutney. Like cucumber tinda serves zero calories and is good for weight loss.
Tinda chutney recipe
- Small cut Tinda (Tondekai) – 1.5 cups
- Channa dal – 1 Tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin – ¼ tsp
- Green chilis – 4-5
- Coriander – 1/2 cup
- Tamarind – small lemon size
- Curry leaves – few (about 10)
- Salt – as per taste
- Asafetida (hing) – pinch
- Oil for seasoning
- Wash and remove tip of tinda and cut into small round pieces
- Dry fry channa dal, urad dal, cumin till they turn golden brown. Add curry leaves and continue frying for a minute. Transfer to a plate and allow the contents to cool.
- Place same vessel on medium heat, add 1 Tbsp oil. To heated oil, add cut tindora, green chilis and coriander. Fry till the tinda turns golden brown color. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Transfer cooled dal and tindora mix both to mixer jar. Add salt and tamarind. Grind the content to coarse paste. Remove and transfer to vessel.
- Heat oil and prepare seasoning with mustard, red chili, asafetida and transfer seasoning to tinda chutney.
- Serve tinda chutney with rice, chapathi, bread or as a side dish for curd rice.
Image credit: Indiamart
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: May 26, 2023
Write a comment