Feel like eating snacks? Try aloo chat or potato chat. It is an easy, popular snack served at many restaurants as a chat item as well as an entry dish.
Potatoes are nutritious root vegetables and rich in carbohydrates. Aloo chat contains about 250 calories per one serving.
- Potatoes – 2-3 Large ones
- Green hili- 1 chopped
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Ginger – ½ inch finely chopped
- Chat masala – ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Cilantro -1/2 cup chopped
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Thin sev- 3 Tbsp
- Pomegranate – 3 Tbsp
- Green chutney
- Tamarind chutney (optional)
- Wash and peel potatoes. Parboil potatoes so that potatoes don’t smash. Cool and cut potatoes to cubes. (You can also retain potato skin)
- Place a frying pan on medium heat, put oil. Add garlic, green chili and ginger – fry them.
- Add potato cubes and sauté till they turn crisp and golden-brown color. Turn off the heat. You can also deep fry potatoes.
- To hot crispy potatoes add chaat masala, chili powder, turmeric, cumin and salt.
- Add tamarind chutney, green chutney and little lemon juice to spicy potato cubes and mix well.
- Transfer potatoes to serving plate, sprinkle cilantro, sev and add pomegranate seeds.
- Serve aloo chaat with yogurt on side.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 24, 2020