Most varieties of pickles that we prepare take a long time to prepare or may need more ingredients. Here is a simple pickle that can be prepared in few minutes and all it needs is crisp green apple and fewer ingredients. Unlike mango, apples are available all season and it is easy to prepare this pickle.
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
- Crispy green apples – Two medium sizes
- Oil -One Tbsp
- Mustard – One tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Asafetida – Pinch
- Fenugreek seeds – Few (10-5)
- Turmeric -1/2 tsp
- Salt -To taste
1) Wash and cut the apples to 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
2) On a frying pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. As mustard seeds cracks add fenugreek seeds. Turn off the heat.
3) As the oil continue to cool down add turmeric, asafetida and chilli powder.
4) Add this mix to apple pieces, add salt and mix well.
5) Store the pickle in airtight bottle. Remember to consume this pickle within few days and storing this for a longer time will spoil the pickle.
6) This pickle is slightly sweet – sour with tangy taste. One can have with soft rotis, bread, yogurt rice and as side taste dish.