Beans are nutritional powerhouses packed with protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron, potassium, and are low in fat.
Many celebrities have adopted Vegan or Vegetarian diet for personal, health, or environmental reasons, and are speaking up for this lifestyle.
Actor Vidyut Jamwal became a vegetarian more than a decade ago and he enjoys the benefits of healthy eating habits.
Ayesha Takia: This Indian Bollywood actress supports PETA cause.
Adopting a vegetarian diet may seem like a small choice, but it has an enormous impact on the world around us.
Comedian and talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres switched to a vegan diet in 2008 after reading several books on animal rights and diets.
Albert Einstein turned to be a vegetarian .
Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor was crowned as Asia’s Sexiest Vegetarian in a celebrity contest held by PETA Asia-Pacific in 2011.
Know about WeRIndia
- Strict diet explains metabolic effect of gastric bypass surgery
- Adding a meter between meals boosts vegetarian appeal
- Human milk based fortifiers improve health outcomes for the smallest premature babies
- Nutrition labelling is improving nation's diet
- Lipoic acid supplements help some obese but otherwise healthy people lose weight
- Plant-based 'meats' improve some cardiovascular risk factors compared with red meat