To protect our vision we must take care of our eyes like any other body parts.
Tag: Eye Disorders
Blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelids. The inflammation can be found on the outer or inner eyelid.
Treatment for a sty includes warm compresses applied to the affected area for 10 minutes, up to six times daily. If the sty comes to a head and releases pus, it should be cleaned gently with soap and water.
Uveitis is inflammation of the uvea, which is made up of the iris, ciliary body and choroid.
Bacterial conjunctivitis can be treated with antibiotic drops or ointments prescribed by doctor. Most cases of infectious conjunctivitis are viral and do not need treatment with antibiotics.
The retina is the light-sensitive layer of tissue that lines the inside of the eye and sends visual messages through the optic nerve to the brain.
People who are above 35 may develop cataract. The other causes of cataracts include conditions like diabetes, trauma, some medications, improper diet, smoking and exposure of eyes to excessive UV light.
Age-related macular degeneration or macular degeneration is an eye disease with onset at any age, usually after age 60, that progressively destroys the macula- the central portion of the retina that helps with focus.
Know about WeRIndia
- Effects of linoleic acid on inflammatory response depend on genes
- B-group vitamins can improve concentration among people with first episode psychosis
- Health effects of metabolic 'magic bullet' protein
- Epigenetic change causes fruit fly babies to inherit diet-induced heart disease
- Innovative skin patch may offer long-term contraception
- Sleeping less than six hours a night may increase cardiovascular risk