Nail polish remover contains acetone, that helps to clean many stuffs around the house. Try these hacks that will save you time and money.
- Remove marker from wall: Damp paper towel or an old towel with nail polish remover and clean the marker from wall
- Clean stains from floor: Add a cup of nail polish remover to half bucket water and clean laminate floor, tiles. Do not use on wooden floor as it will remove polish.
- Remove permanent marker from DIY art works: It is hard to remover permanent market stains. Use nail polish remove to the job especially if you messed up DIY art work.
- Remove superglue: Removing superglue is tough job. Just soak the are by putting little nail polish remover
- Remove paint from windows: While painting the house, some paint can also go on windows. Use nail polish remover to wipe that extra paint.
- Remove scuff from shoe: Everybody’s shoe will have scuff mark. Some are tough to remove. Take little remover and clean the scuff mark from shoe surface to get fresh look and you are ready to walk with clean pair of shoe!
- Clean keyboard: Dip cotton ear bud (Q-tips) in remover and clean the keyboard scuff marks
- Sanitize razors – remove gunk between razor blade: Immerse razor in nail polish remover. It removes all gunk sitting from days. Once gunk comes out, wash razor using warm water.
- Sanitize cosmetic tools: Your cosmetic tools will have all sort of dirt and could be messed up. Use remover to clean the tools. It not only removes unwanted stuffs, also sanitizes tools. Afterwards rinse the tools in warm water and dry.
- Use it to remove melted plastic from surfaces: It can happen – plastic can melt and sit on vessels. Apply remover and melted plastic will come out from surface.
- Remove ink stain from hands: Even good pens can leek and stain can stick to hand. Use remover and get rid of stain
- Remove temporary tattoos: Some temporary tattoos are hard to erase. Using a soft cloth apply nail polish remover on the area and wipe it. After removing tattoo clean the are using water.
- To remove stickers from glass and plates: Those china plates, glass plates or vessels can have hard to remove stickers. Remove using nail polish remover, just apply it on sticker, leave it for couple of minutes and remove sticker. Don’t forget to rinse the vessel afterwards.
- Revive your favorite nail polish: After a while, nail polish will start solidifying. To revive it, add little nail polish remover, shake it and you will have your favorite nail polish back!
- Polish metal jewelry & silverware: Using cotton ball, apply nail polish remover on your metal jewelry and polish it. Jewelry gets back its shiny look. Use it on bangles, ear rings, necklace, ankle ring etc. You can also use it for deep cleaning of silverware.
PS: While using it wear glouse and apply on surface using paper towel, cotton ball or old towels. Acetone can be strong for some. If you have breathing problems avoid using nail polish remover or wear protective mask.
Photo by John-Mark Smith from Pexels
Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay , Image by Sven Klitsch from Pixabay, Image by ivabalk from Pixabay (All images are free for commercial use)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 14, 2019