We all now know how difficult it is to take an appointment and visit doctor during the pandemic. If you are suffering from common conditions and need relief you can try some of the home remedies that do wonder for common conditions and makes you feel better.
- Chew few tulsi leaves after your meal. This prevents acid reflux.
- Place a clove in mouth and suck it. Clove juice helps to reduce acidity.
- Gastric problem:
- Swallow a garlic clove (medium size) in empty stomach in morning hours with water to reduce gastric issues.
- To get relief from headache, eat an apple. Being one of the healthiest fruit, apple helps to get rid of the migraine pain too.
- Mix few leaves tulsi, grated half inch ginger and one tsp honey and have it to reduce cough.
- Chop one medium sized onion and place it in acontainer. Add two Tbsp honey, mix and cover the lid. Place container in hot water bath on low heat for an hour or so. Strain and consume onion-honey liquid 2-3 times a day.
- Mix half tsp garlic juice with few pieces of tulsi leaves and one tsp honey. Take this 3 times a day.
- Drink lemon juice with little salt, pepper and mint leaves.
- Chew one or two cardamom
- See here for more remedies for nausea and vomiting
- Best remedy for sore throat is salt. Do salt water gargling often to get rid of soreness in throat. You can also add turmeric with salt to warm water and gargle. Turmeric being antimicrobial will add more strength to liquid.
- For simple breathing problem, perform steam inhalation. Add mint, clove and camphor in water, boil and take steam every 2 hours.
- Practice pranayama 2 to 3 times a day
Digestion and bloating problem:
- To get proper digestion, drink fennel water or chew a tsp of fennel seed after your meal and dinner. This will reduce gas and bloating.
Suffering from anemia:
- Eat plenty of green vegetables. Eat dates to get back strength.
- Consume glass of almond milk with date pieces.
To reduce body heat:
- Eat cucumber, tomato and lettuce salad.
- Drink buttermilk, lassi or yogurt drink
- Drink water and keep body hydrated.
- Drink pomegranate juice and bring down high blood pressure.
- Reduce or say no to salt and follow DASH diet.
- Include ginger and garlic in your diet. Consume sweet potato, pomegranate, banana and oranges
- For minor burns while cooking use Aloe vera gel. If you have Aloe plant, remove pulp, wash and apply it. There are different ways to handle minor burns – click here to read more.
- Rinse mouth with salt water.
- Use hydrogen peroxide to rinse mouth, this will help to reduce inflammation and relieve pain
- Keep cold compress.
- Place garlic clove inside where it pains
- Apply clove oil in cotton and place it on tooth that hurts or place a clove to reduce pain.
- Use guava leaves – chew fresh guava leaves or prepare tea with guava leaves, strain and rinse mouth.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: July 28, 2020