Fenugreek is a good remedy for hair problems. It protects hair from breaking and strengthens hair root. Fenugreek contains protein that strengthen the hair shaft. The mucilage content that we get by soaking fenugreek seed in water supports hair growth and gives shiny look by protecting moisture content. There are different ways to prepare and use fenugreek for hair care. Fenugreek seed paste alone can be used to get benefits and sometimes adding supporting ingredients enhances its benefits.
Fenugreek seed water:
- Soak half cup fenugreek seeds overnight in 1.5 cups of water
- Next day morning strain and collect water in a bowl. Keep seeds aside
- Fill the fenugreek water in a spray bottle and spray on scalp after hair wash and leave it
- Take about 2 tsp of fenugreek seeds in a frying pan.
- Add half cup of fresh curry leaves.
- On medium flame dry fry both ingredients. Cool the contents and prepare powder.
- Now add half cup of sesame or coconut oil and heat on low flame. When the oil comes to boil add powdered ingredient and boil for few seconds. Turn off the heat source and allow oil to cool.
- Strain and collect oil in a spray bottle. Spray oil on scalp and massage daily or alternate days.
- Apply the fenugreek seed and curry leaf paste on hair and scalp. Leave it for few minutes before washing hair for few minutes.
Fenugreek powder in curd:
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of fenugreek powder
- Add little yogurt/curd and prepare a paste
- Apply the paste on scalp and leave it for half an hour or so.
- Wash hair and spray fenugreek oil or water.
Fenugreek seeds with Aloe vera gel:
- Soak half cup fenugreek seeds in a cup of water overnight
- Take one Tbsp of Aloe vera gel and one Tbsp of coconut oil and mix well
- Prepare paste of soaked fenugreek seeds and mix with Aloe and coconut oil
- Apply the paste on hair and scalp. Leave it for an hour and wash hair.
Fenugreek seed paste in lemon juice.
- Soak 2-3 tsp fenugreek seeds overnight in water
- Prepare paste in the morning and mix the paste in lemon juice
- Apply this fenugreek paste on hair and leave it for half an hour and rinse off.
Fenugreek seeds in coconut oil:
- Dry fry fenugreek seeds.
- Add fried seeds into coconut oil in a glass bottle.
- Leave the bottle in sunlight for few days.
- Filter and massage the oil on hair to get its benefit on hair growth, to control dandruff and to get shiny hair.
Fenugreek seed paste in amla juice
- Soak fenugreek seeds (2 tsp) overnight in water
- Prepare paste and add it to amla juice
- Apply this mixture on scalp and hair. Wash hair using mild shampoo.
Image credit: https://www.needpix.com/photo/503639/fenugreek-seeds-health-pepper-meal-free-pictures-free-photos-free-images-royalty-free (CC By 2.0)
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: September 23, 2019