Some of the common conditions that we all get into are – burns, once a while gastritis symptom, itchy eyes, dry cough, mouth boils and headache. We can get immediate or temporary relief from these symptoms using home remedies. After seeing these remedies don’t forget to store these items in your kitchen cabinet and refrigerator.
For simple burns:
- In case if you burn your tongue after sipping a hot drink, immediately put a tsp full of sugar in your mouth. Sugar relieves the burning sensation and pain.
- If you have small burns during cooking or baking, for immediate relief apply honey in the area. Honey helps to heal the burn fast and soothes the burning sensation.
- For sore throat: We all know how gargling using salt water helps. You can also try following methods to come out from sore throat.
- Mix 1 tsp of lemon juice, ½ tsp ginger powder and 1 tsp honey in half a glass of warm water. Mix well and gargle. Honey helps to coat the soreness in throat and reduces inflammation.
- Mix 1/2tsp of turmeric and ½ tsp of salt in one cup hot water. Gargle using this mixture.
For short term gastritis:
- Keep a glass of boiled and cooled milk in fridge. Allow milk to cool further. Drink this once a day till you feel better.
- Avoid any spicy pickle, lemon juice, spicy food, eating strong raw onion when you have gastritis.
- Prepare rice porridge and add little ghee and consume. This traditional method helps to calm down the system.
- Drinking tender coconut water also helps.
For itchy eyes and face:
- Splash clean ice water on the face and eyes. Place a clean ice pack on the eyes -this helps to relief not only itching of eyes also reduces any swelling around the eyes.
- Wash face using warm water
- Drinking plenty of water, warm water helps too!
- Wash Aloe vera gel seven times and place this on face and eyes for few minutes. Aloe helps to reduce itching and burning sensation.
- Take ripe banana and cut into small pieces. Mix with honey and slowly have couple of spoons. While eating make sure it touches the affected area.
- Consume ginger tea with lemon juice and honey
- Do simple exercises to stretch head and neck to reduce the intensity of pain. Move chin up and down, turn neck left and right, hold hand in one hand and bend it one side. Turning head clockwise and anti-clockwise direction helps – all these simple moves relaxes nerves.
- Apply ice pack or place ice cubes on back of neck to get relief from migraine. Cold helps to reduce inflammation.
- Inhale crushed cloves or clove oil in few minutes intervals – clove helps in throbbing headache as it a cooling and pain-relieving herb.
- To get relief from simple cough use Aloe vera gel and honey – mix both in warm water and drink.
- For dry cough – mix ½ tsp ginger powder, 2 tsp honey and a tsp of lemon juice. Consume this twice a day
- Drink turmeric milk before going to bed – this is a classic and traditional remedy. Boil a glass of milk with 2 tsp of turmeric. Bring the content to ¾ and drink. If you want little taste add ½ tsp of sugar and drink.
Don’t forget – If any of these conditions are acute and you cannot control then see your family doctor. The above mentioned home remedies are for temporary conditions only.
Grandma’s remedies www.healthylife.werindia.com
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 1, 2017