Turmeric health benefits are many and for this reason it is called powerhouse of natural medicine. Turmeric has antimicrobial property and helps in controlling growth of bacteria. Adding turmeric to food reduces body inflammation and cures wounds.
Turmeric mouthwash is a traditional medicine helps to get healthy gums, fresh breath in addition soothes toothache. It is easy to prepare turmeric mouthwash drops at home. One can use coconut oil as base to combine all the ingredients. Using coconut oil has same effect as oil pulling therapy. This recipe also calls for clove which is known to reduce toothache, tooth decay and keeps mouth fresh.
How to prepare turmeric mouthwash?
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1.5 cups
- Clove – few
- Peppermint essential oil – 4-5 drops
- Dissolve coconut oil on low heat and remove from heat
- Add baking soda, turmeric powder, peppermint oil and mix well.
- Grind clove (or cut into small pieces) and add to the mix evenly
- One can store above mix in a jar as it is and use it as mouth wash.
- Transfer the turmeric coconut oil mix into a tray and freeze it for few hours.
- Take out frozen mix and cut into small cubes.
- When you want to wash mouth, put one or two cubes in mouth and perform oil pulling.
- After 3 to 5 minutes, split the content and wash mouth.
- Mouth will feel fresh and bad breath goes away with this treatment.
Try this home remedy for few days to feel better about your breath!
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: March 14, 2019