Hi Kids! Do you know? It is very important to keep yourself active. You need to be active 60 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, for 6 out of 8 weeks. Try to spend 60 minutes of your time outside in the garden or in a park every day. Get vitamin D directly from the Sun. Experience fresh air! Your bones and muscles need activities to keep them active and healthy. Mind should be active, so be creative.
1. Get some friends together and volunteer for a community gardening or playground renovation project.
2. Always be open-minded. Try something new! Attend free festivals, shows, and museum exhibits that are coming to your area.
3. Pack a picnic and take a hike! Find fun hikes and parks in your area. Ask adults to join you for your safety.
4. Learn a new activity, like tennis, volleyball, jumping rope, skate boarding, roller boarding or badminton. Try your hands in various sports. You can decide which sport is suited for you.
5. Try various varieties of veggies and fruit.
6. Plant a vegetable garden and watch your veggies grow! Help your mom in preparing pizza at home.
7. Trade in your morning oatmeal for some refreshing smoothies—a different one for each day of the week!
8. Don’t want to participate in school sports? No problem, consider joining a community league. Your area may have fun activities not offered by your school like kickball or swimming.
9. Be creative – sing, dance and have a sleep over with your best friends.
10. Do not forget to drink milk or soy milk, eat yogurt, drink water!
11. Practice yoga (for flexibility and focusing), Pilates, exercise, walk, run with your friends and siblings. You will feel good and develop confidence by these activities.
Do not lock yourself inside home. Do not be alone! Play with friends. Have fun! We will talk about four types of exercises that your body needs in our next article.
Read more at: Healthylife.werindia.com
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 5, 2017