Kids, do you know exercise and physical activity fall into four basic categories — endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility. There are varieties of exercises one has to choose from- But which is your favorite exercise? You may like some exercise but not all. To choose what type of exercise you want to do and what makes you happy and fit, first understand that there are four types of basic exercises to choose.
The basic four types are aerobic, muscle strengthening, bone-strengthening and stretches.
You may be already into one or the other physical activity in these four categories. See how your favorite activity helps your body.
1. Aerobic exercise or endurance activities increases your breathing and heart rate. It helps you to sweat and takes out toxins out of your body! Building your endurance makes it easier to carry out many of your everyday activities.
What are these endurance/aerobic exercises?
- Skateboarding or rollerblading
- Canoeing, rowing, or cross-country skiing
- Fast walking, hiking, jogging, or running
- Cleaning your home or yard work
- Dancing – traditional, zumba, ballet, hip-hop etc.
- Playing tag or jumping rope
- Playing basketball or volleyball or kabbaddi
- Biking and cycling
- Tennis, hockey, or soccer
- Cheerleading or gymnastics
2. Strength exercises make your muscles stronger and harder. It gives you strength and power in the body. Practice muscle strengthening exercises 3 days in a week. Some of the exercises that you can practice to build strength are:
- Climbing -hills, rocks or trees
- Push-ups, pull-ups, or sit-ups
- Working out with weights – ask your PE teacher or your parents which weight is better for your age?
3. Bone-strengthening exercise helps your bones to grow and makes them less likely to break.
- Jumping rope, hopping, or skipping
- Gymnastics, basketball, volleyball, or tennis
- Volleyball, basket ball, hoopla
4. Stretches make your muscles more flexible. Stretching your muscles can help your body stay limber. Being flexible gives you easy access for your movement and body feels good. It will help you to get rid of muscle pains and stiffness. These exercises also helps your body to be in balance! The flexibility exercises are:
- Martial arts
Why wait? Try any of these exercises and figure out which one you enjoy and which makes you feel good? Practice with your friends and classmates. For better health exercise and eat healthy food.
Let us talk about healthy food next week.
Read more at: Healthylife.werindia.com