When we want to reduce weight, we hit gym. Initially with enthusiasm- we run on treadmill, use elliptical, weights or cycle. After few days of work out if we don’t get the result that we wanted, we lose enthusiasm and even feel lethargic to go to gym. There is a solution for this – joining group classes. This is like playing together with our friends when we were kids. Group exercise provides us with an opportunity to feel young again and be physically active with others.
Now a day’s most fitness centers and gyms offer group classes for all ages. Group classes for body works, steps and abs, pilates, yoga, aqua, cycling, kick boxing, boot camping or zumba. Women especially love to attend these classes. Some of the benefits of joining and participating in group fitness classes include exposure to a social and fun environment, a safe and effectively designed workout, a consistent exercise schedule, an accountability factor for participating in exercise, and a workout that requires no prior exercise knowledge or experience. You will work out with help of an instructor who will be inspiring everyone in the class!
1) Motivation: Whether the class is in the morning or in the evening – once you enter the class you feel motivated just by looking at others who are attending the class. Once the work out starts following the instructor and the upbeat music makes anybody re-energized. With a friendly, bubbling instructor working out will be more fun.
2) No more boredom: While on the machine often, as we feel bored, we have a tendency to look at the clock. In the process, calorie-burning process goes slow. Whereas in a cardio group while following the instructor in no time you will be energized, sweat and even burn good amount of calories.
3) Faster result: Many people do not know what exercise they need to do or how to do. In a group class with help of instructor, this problem does not exist. Instructor will help you and guide you with proper postures. When you join classes like zumba, body works etc. you will feel your heart rate going up soon & sweat a lot. Within few weeks of workouts, one can see good change in the body – body shapes well & some good amount of pounds you would have lost.
4) Happiness and fun: Working with friends and other gym mates will makes a person happy. While working smile is contagious. Fun does not stop here -buying accessories also gives motivation and happiness.Carrying water bottle, yoga mat, weights, hair & wristbands etc and wearing nice fitness clothes makes one happy and keeps motivated to hit the gym more regular.
5) Punctuality: Workout with best friends always has an advantage. If you have not attended class for 2-3 days, friends will check on you and, a good instructor will notice your absence. This makes you feel you are accountable for your action and you will be punctual.
6) New- gym friends: You will meet people repeatedly and will start getting to know them. You may develop new friendship with new people who have same interests as you. Soon you will start discussing about your health, your classes, and your interests with them. You all will work hard and play hard at gym! You can keep your friendship to gym and you may form your own group “gym buddies” who has similar interests.
These group classes help us to connect with people in a better old-fashioned way than just texting or emailing. It brings positive changes and happiness in one’s life.
Image & article: www.werindia.com
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: February 9, 2016