Pain relief might seem as easy as popping a pill — but there’s a lot more going on than simple relief. Did you know that conventional pain relievers have a long list of harmful side effects?
It’s easy to look past the dangers of conventional pain relief when the only thing we can think about is the pain we’re dealing with. But with long-term use, NSAIDs and other pain relievers can leave us suffering from adverse effects.
NSAIDs are common over-the-counter (OTC) pain relief drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen. Although they offer quick relief when we need it, continued use leads to negative outcomes. Here we’ll discuss why this matters and the best natural alternatives to NSAIDs so you can achieve relief without the harmful effects.
Pain and Inflammation’s Role
Inflammation is typically behind our aches, pains, and discomfort. It occurs when our immune system is triggered and sends inflammatory cells to the injured or sick area. These cells work to heal injured tissue and attack harmful bacteria. This results in a swollen, red, and often warm spot where the inflammatory response is working. This is what’s known as acute inflammation.
Symptoms of Acute Inflammation
This is an essential part of a healthy healing process. Though, it doesn’t always result in healing. Inflammation can become unhealthy after the injury has healed but the inflammatory response continues to attack healthy tissue. This is known as chronic inflammation. Below are symptoms you can keep an eye on if you’re worried your inflammation has no cause.
Symptoms of Chronic Inflammation
● Stiffness and body pain
● Exhaustion and fatigue
● Anxiety, depression, and stress
● Persistent infections and skin rashes
● Unexplained weight loss or gain
● Chest pain
● Abdominal pain
Chronic inflammation can be triggered by untreated acute inflammation, toxic exposure, Lyme disease, or an auto-immune disorder. This can become a frustrating and often painful disorder to deal with, so let’s review some common forms of pain relief and why natural options are often the best.
What are NSAIDs and Why Not to Use Them
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are used as a form of pain relief. You might be familiar with these common NSAIDS — ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen. While these are typically used on less severe pain, almost 30 million people worldwide rely on NSAIDS daily.
These common drugs target inflammation to relieve pain. They work by blocking the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX), which is an essential piece to the body’s inflammatory response. NSAIDs are also used to diminish blood clotting that can result in strokes and heart attacks.
Unfortunately, there’s more than meets the eye with NSAIDs. While the above outcomes are positive, doctors are advise to avoid relying on NSAIDs for everyday pain relief. Long-term use has shown harmful effects on the kidneys, liver, and body as a whole. Instead, look to natural alternatives for the healthiest forms of pain relief!
Natural Alternatives to NSAIDs for Pain and Inflammation
● Fish oil
● Devil’s Claw
Unlike conventional pain relief, natural alternatives take a different path to alleviate aches and pains. Painkillers often stimulate temporary pain relief while natural methods target the root of the pain and inflammation. NSAIDs are designed to target inflammation, but only provide short-term relief.
Instead, a natural formula that combines multiple anti-inflammatory ingredients can be the safest and most effective protection against inflammation-related pain. That’s because these nutrients help your body to heal the root problem and restore balance to your immune response. Here are a few of our favorite natural alternatives to NSAIDs:
● Terry Naturally BosMed 500 utilizes the powerful effects of Boswellia to help relieve and reduce the inflammation that’s at the root of your aches and pains. This formula contains a patented form of Boswellia that is ten times stronger than average so it’s easily absorbed by the body allowing for quick relief!
● Lively Vitamin Co. CuraRelief is an extra-strength blend of pain-alleviating nutrients curcumin and Boswellia. It’s the best alternative to traditional pain relief such as aspirin and ibuprofen because it allows for powerful relief without the risk of harming your liver or kidneys. Plus, you can use it on a regular basis to promote your natural inflammatory response.
● Wild Theory CBD Black Label Hemp Extract Maximum is the CBD for pain relief you’ve been searching for. This maximum-strength formula promotes pain relief while allowing for the natural anti-inflammatory effects of CBD to reduce your discomfort. Because it’s a liquid CBD formula, you can expect fast-acting relief.
Pain Relief the Natural Way
It’s easy to rely on NSAIDs and other conventional painkillers to soothe your aches. But with natural pain relief supplements, you can trust that you’re easing your aches while nourishing your body in the long run. Check out a supplement store for the best natural pain relief products to support you through anything from minor aches to chronic discomfort!
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: July 5, 2022