In 2005 and 2006, tomatoes contaminated with salmonella was big news as hundreds of people became sick across United States. Salmonella can enter a tomato through the soil by way of the plant’s root system. Tomatoes can also be contaminated by bacteria or norovirus through cracks in the skin during handling or preparation in a restaurant. Once the tomato has been infected, the only way to avoid food borne illness is by cooking it.
Know about WeRIndia
- Do You Go To Bed Late? You Might Suffer From This Disease
- Monsoon Maladies: How To Prevent Redness & Swelling Of Eyes
- Health Benefits Of Swinging: Yes, Even Swinging Is An Exercise!
- How To Grow Edible Greens At Home
- Have You Heard About Onion Halwa? Here Are Bizarre Things That Indians Eat!
- Simple Tips To Combat Monsoon Dryness Of The Skin