Side effects of spinach: Spinach is one of the healthiest green leaf vegetable added in salads, sambar, soup, pizza, fritters etc. Spinach has nitrates and it has several side effects when eaten in large quantity or taken with certain drugs.
- Nitrates in spinach can cause several side effects and in infants it can cause spinach poisoning.
- Allergies: It can cause skin reaction and allergy. It can also cause breathing issues in high amount.
- Gas and bloating: Fiber in spinach is good, however some people might experience severe bloating and gas formation.
- Lower blood sugar level: Spinach can interfere with diabetic medicines and bring down sugar level fast.
- Kidney crystals: Spinach might cause hard crystals stones in kidney. It also makes it worse if someone already has stones and makes it difficult to urinate.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 28, 2018