Say No To Microwave Popcorns

Why Should We Say No To Microwave Popcorn?

Well, the buttery flavor that arises after microwaving the popcorn seems not good at all.

Because it is a chemical odor produced by butter namely diacetyl.

It is considered as a toxic substances and known to commonly destroy the lungs of workers who microwave popcorn in factories!

This causes a irreversible disease known as bronchiolitis obliterans.

Regulators and health professionals have known of this risk for decades, but always assumed that it would only affect people breathing in especially high concentrations in factory settings.

Then in 2007, a man who regularly ate two bags of microwave popcorn every day was diagnosed with popcorn lung, proving that diacetyl enters the air and lungs when microwave popcorn is cooked.

Anxious to reassure consumers, many microwave popcorn companies replaced diacetyl and sadly the truth is they are using other similar type of chemicals.

Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: March 3, 2017

Recommended for you

Write a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook