Recycling one ton of paper: Saves 4,100 kWh of energy
- Saves 9 barrels (380 gallons) of oil
- Saves 54 million Btu’s of energy
- Saves 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space
- Saves 60 pounds of air pollutants being released
- Saves 7,000 gallons of water
- Saves 17 trees
Paper Recycling Tips : Collect all recycling papers in a big bag then,
- Recyclable paper includes: magazines and catalogs, telephone books, direct mail, brochures, pamphlets and booklets in addition to cereal, cake, chip and cracker boxes.
- Be sure to remove the liner and all food from the box, flatten the box and place flattened box in a paper sack with your junk mail, mixed paper, magazines and catalogs.
- Non-recyclable paper includes tissue, waxed and carbon paper.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 21, 2016
Write a comment