Recycling one ton of glass:
- Saves 42 kWh of energy
- Saves 0.12 barrels (5 gallons) of oil
- Saves 714,286 Btu’s of energy
- Saves 2 cubic yards of landfill space
- Saves 7.5 pounds of air pollutants from being released
Glass Recycling Tips : These are not difficult processes – one need to have patience.
- Prepare glass containers for recycling by rinsing out with water.
- Labels on glass containers do not have to be removed because they are removed during the crushing process and/or burned off during the melting process.
- Avoid breaking the glass and mixing broken colors together as this may make the glass unacceptable for recycling.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 21, 2016