Another item that has been in use since ancient times is the “muram or bamboo tray”. This is generally made of bamboo leaves. In South of India people have been using this for storing and cleaning various food items. Maurm made of bamboo leaves are still being used by many households even though the plastic maurams are availble in market. Since murams are used for storing as well as cleaning food items, they are also considered sacred. Goddess Dhanya Lakshmi is said to reside in murams also. Unfortunately, the number of people using murams is also coming down. Muram use is often to remove dust particles/small stones from wheat, rice, paddy, mustard, millet etc by throwing them into the air. The tin air will blow off the dust particles and grain will fall off from murram. Heavy stones will remain on muram to discard.
Know about WeRIndia
- DIY Vitamin C Facial Serum Recipe For Flawless Skin
- Style Trends To Follow This Diwali
- 11 High Risk Groups for Breast Cancer — Which One Are You In?
- Everyday Items/Habits That Can Make You Sick If You're Not Maintaining Hygiene
- 10 Jewellery Styles To Cover Your Wedding Ceremonies In A Grand Way
- Why Should We Bring Salt On Diwali