Early detection of Autism: What parents to look for in child - Infants under age one year may exhibit following behavior.
- Will not make eye contact
- Will not respond to parent’s voice
- Will not babble or point by 1 year of age
- Will not respond to their name
- Will not smile or laugh in response to any funny expressions
At age of two : Some children may exhibit any or all of these symptoms
- They may regress or lose language skills.
- They may simply have no single words by about 16 months
- No two-word phrases by 2 years.
- Lack of interest in any pretend games
- Ignoring or acting detached from whatever is of interest to others.
Image courtesy: http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 1, 2016