Lycopene is a naturally occurring chemical that gives fruits and vegetables a red color.
Carotenoids also act as antioxidants in the human body.
Resveratrol is a natural compound found in red grape skin, Japanese knotweed (polygonum cuspidatum), peanuts, blueberries and some other berries.
A large number of phytonutrients fall into the flavonoid category. They are found in a variety of plant foods.
Cruciferous vegetables are the dietary source of glucosinolates, a large group of sulfur-containing glucosides.
Because of their structure, phytoestrogens can exert estrogen-like effects..
Ellagic acid is a naturally occurring substance.
Know about WeRIndia
- Bacterial metabolism of dietary soy may lower risk factor for dementia
- Vitamin A boosts fat burning in cold conditions
- High flavanol diet may lead to lower blood pressure
- Cognitive behavioral therapy reduces insomnia symptoms among young drinkers
- Exercise and nutrition regimen benefits physical, cognitive health
- Could excessive sugar intake contribute to aggressive behaviors, ADHD, bipolar disorder?