Here is another way to eat your daily vegetables. And, this is a vegetarian or vegan omelette recipe that contains no eggs.
Mung or Moong Daal is the main ingredient of this recipe. It is a good lentil that helps in reducing body inflammation. It contains all those good qualities of beans with sufficient proteins, rich in potassium, folate and other members of the vitamin B complex. It also supplies some amounts of Vitamin K, E and C!
Add vegetables of your choice and try this moong daal vegetable omelet with coconut chutney!
- Moong daal – 1 cup
- Rice – 2 Tbs
- Salt – as per your taste
- Chopped Onion – 2 Tbs
- Green chilli -1 chopped
- Grated carrot -3 Tbs
- Tomato -1 Tbs
- Cabbage – 2 Tbs
- Grated coconut -2 Tbs (optional)
- Cilantro -1 (little)
1) Wash moong daal and rice and, soak in water for 2-3 hours
2) Grind this daal-rice mix to a fine paste
3) Add salt and little more water to make it a dosa batter or omelet consistency
4) Add all cut vegetables, cilantro and grated coconut (optional)
5) Pour the mix on heated tava (medium flame) like pancake or omelet
6) Cook both sides so that, vegetables will cook well
7) Serve hot vegetable omelette with coconut chutney!
Recipe for coconut chutney: https://healthylife.werindia.com/vegetarian-recipes/semolina-rava-bonda-coconut-chutney
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: September 26, 2016