Recipe by: Mamatha Anil (http://bhakshyabhojana.blogspot.com/)
Tofu is soy-based product very rich in protein. Tofu is made by coagulating soymilk and is a favorite dish of many vegans. Tofu originated in Han dynasty China about 2000 years ago and is a regular ingredient of Asian dishes. Tofu is an alternate to paneer (Indian cheese) and replaces chicken in non-vegetarian food. Tofu has a low calorie count and relatively large amounts of protein. It is high in iron, and depending on the coagulants used in manufacturing it can have higher calcium or magnesium content.
Tofu masala is an Indian curry which is spicy and delicious. Try this recipe and let us know what you think?
- Tofu (Soy Paneer) 350g
- Tomato 2
- Green chillies 2
- Onion medium size 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp (fresh)
- Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder ¼ tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 1/2 cup
- Clove 2
- Pressure cook the tomatoes. Remove the skin and seeds. Make puree out of cooked tomatoes along with green chillies. Keep aside.
- Cut the tofu into cubes. Heat butter/ghee in a pan and shallow fry the tofu till it becomes golden on both the side. Keep aside.
- Heat oil – add 2 cloves, chopped onions and ginger garlic paste. Fry them till they turn slightly golden in color.
- Add green chilli –tomato puree. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Add ¼ cup water and let it cook in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Finally add fried tofu, mix well and cover the lid. Cook for another 3-5 minutes in low heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Tofu masala is ready to serve. It goes well with roti, chapati and rice.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: May 2, 2016