If you are looking for some recipe that does not require real eggs, but should be a savory, then here is a vegan/vegetarian muffin recipe you might like. Try this healthy recipe that supplies fiber, antioxidants, protein and is gluten free and free of nuts. Kids may like this taste as it gives that savory taste and is a baked item. This is a vegan and vegetarian muffin.
Sweet Potato -Tofu Vegan Muffins
1. 1 large sweet potato, baked and peeled
2. 1 12 0z. block of firm tofu
3. 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
4. 1 cup fresh spinach
5. 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 yellow bell pepper – slice into thin pieces
6. 1/4 tsp. paprika
7. salt and pepper
8. One sheet of puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray cooking spray in 5 or 6 muffin tins.
3. Cut sweet potato in fifths.
4. Cut 3-4 inch pieces from the puff pastry sheet and line each muffin cup, pressing down and line the sides.
5. Press each piece of sweet potato into one muffin cup each. Similar to pastry sheet press down the potato piece to bottom and sides.
6. In a food processor, combine tofu, spinach, paprika ,salt and pepper.
7. Blend for about 20 seconds until the mixture is smooth.
8. Now stir in bell peppers and if you are using stir in chopped tomatoes too.
9. Add mixture to sweet potato cups and bake for about 30 minutes till the pastry sheet turns brown
10. Serve this as a snack item or appetizer item.
Original recipe by:
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: June 17, 2016