Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber. Strawberries are also source of Vitamin B9 (Folate), manganese and decent amount of potassium. The bright red ripened strawberries are juicy and taste sweet than sour. Either one can eat them as they are or can be used in jam, jellies and varieties of desserts including baking. Strawberry yogurt is kids favorite dessert. With slight modifications and adding spices like Indians, you can prepare delicious and healthy strawberry raita. This is good for summer and hot season.
- Strawberries – 8 (sweet ones)
- Grated coconut – ¼ cup
- Green chili – 2 or 3 (based on your spice requirement)
- Cumin- ½ tsp
- Mustard -1/2 tsp
- Jaggery- 2 inches
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Chopped cilantro – 1 Tbsp
- Red chili – 1 or 2
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – for seasoning
- Urad dal -1/4 tsp
- Asafetida – a pinch
- In ¼ cup water, dissolve jaggery and salt
- Wash and cut strawberries into small pieces.
- Keep jaggery and salt water to cool.
- Grind coconut, cumin, mustard, green chili with little water.
- Add coconut paste to cooked strawberry and mix well so that strawberry crushes.
- Whisk yogurt and add to strawberry-coconut mix. Adjust consistency according your taste.
- Prepare seasoning using oil, urad dal, curry leaves, red chili and if you prefer then add pinch of asafetida. Cool and transfer seasoning to strawberry raita.
- Serve strawberry raita with pulav, jeera rice or as a side dish.
Image credit : www.WerIndia.com
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: August 6, 2020