Tabbolueh is one dish that we can consume anytime of the year. Cauliflower -sweet potato tabbouleh is healthy salad with low calories for those who prefer to eat light yet filling food. You can pack it for lunch, have with pita bread, chapatis or can eat tabbouleh as it is.
- Medium head cauliflower – 1
- Salad tomatoes – 3
- Sweet potato -1 big
- Olives – 12
- Cucumber – 1 small
- Parsely – 1 bunch
- Cilantro leaves – 1 cup
- Lime juice – 1 Tbsp
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Olive oil – ½ Tbsp
- Wash and cut sweet potato into desirable size, apply little salt and pepper and bake them for 15 minutes)
- While baking sweet potato, prepare other vegetables.
- Wash cauliflower florets and allow water to drain.
- Either you can put florets in food processor to pulse and get cauliflower rice OR instead of separating the florets, wash and grate cauliflower into small pieces to get cauliflower rice.
- Cut tomatoes, cucumber, olives.
- Chop parsley and cilantro leaves.
- Transfer cauliflower rice into a large bowl. Add baked sweet potato and all other ingredients including salt, pepper, lime juice and olive oil to cauliflower rice. Toss and mix the ingredients.
- Refrigerate tabbouleh for 45 minutes.
- Serve tabbouleh as salad or with your choice of bread.
Image credit: Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Tabbouleh, Meal Makeover Moms
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: July 23, 2020