For rainy season we all need something to munch in the evening. How about traditional, homemade simple spicy masala peanut for a change? It is delicious and contains good amount of protein. Take less time to prepare- 15 to 20 minutes.
- Raw peanut – 2 cups
- Chili powder – 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder– 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Asafetida- Little
- Curry leaves – 2 strings
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Salt- as you need
- In a frying pan, dry roast peanuts on low heat for about 10 minutes.
2. Allow peanut to cool and then remove outer skin buy placing peanuts in a dry kitchen towel and rub it to separate the skin.
3. In frying pan, heat oil, add curry leaves and fry. Let curry leaves turn crispy. Take out curry leaves from oil and keep it aside.
4. For same oil now add roasted peanuts, asafetida, chili and pepper powder followed by turmeric powder. Mix well on low heat for couple of minutes. Turn off the heat and allow peanut mix to cool.
5. Crush crispy curry leaves using hand and add to peanut mix and mix well.
6. Serve spicy masala peanut with coffee or tea as evening snack! For additional taste, add chopped onions, cilantro and tomato pieces while serving.
*This snack is not safe for children who suffer from nut allergy
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 7, 2019