Recipe by : Mamatha Anil (bhakshyabhojana.blogspot.com)
Wonder stuff of the food world – that is the name given to soybean. With increased concern about protein intake in vegans and vegetarians soy has taken center place as a rich protein source for both. The key benefits of soya are its high protein content, vitamins, minerals and insoluble fiber.
Miso is fermented soya bean paste that is used as a flavoring, popular in Asian cuisine. It is a good source of many minerals.
Tempeh – is an Indonesian specialty made by cooking and dehulling soya beans and forming a textured, solid ‘cake’. It good source of protein, B vitamins and minerals.
Tofu – also known as bean curd is made from soya milk by coagulating the soya proteins with calcium or magnesium salts. It is an excellent source of iron and calcium and a very good source of protein.
Here is a Indian curry (subji) made of soya nuggets.
1. Soya Nuggets 1 cup
2. Spinach finely chopped 1 cup
3. Green peas (frozen) ½ cup
4. Onion finely chopped ½ cup
5. Tomato (finely chopped) 1
6. Green chilies 3
7. Red chilli powder ½-1 tsp
8. Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
9. Garam masala powder ¼ – ½ tsp
10. Garlic minced ½ tsp
11. Ginger minced ½ tsp
12. Cumin seeds ¼ tsp
13. Fenugreek seeds ¼ tsp
14. Cilantro chopped ¼ cup
15. Lemon juice 3-4 tsp
16. Anistar 1
17. Asafoetida pinch
1. Wash and soak the soya nuggets in water with little salt for 1 hr.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add anistar, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida one by one. Add green chilies fry, add minced ginger and garlic fry. Add onions and fry till brown.
3. Add tomatoes and salt. Cover the lid and cook for few minutes.
4. Add chopped spinach and cook for few minutes. Add soaked soya nuggets (squeeze out all the water before adding), red chili powder and turmeric powder. Mix well, cover the lid and cook.
5. Add green peas and garam masala. Mix well, add ¼ cup water, cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes in low to medium heat.
6. Add chopped cilantro and lemon juice. Cook for few minutes. Switch off the stove.
7. Healthy soya nugget sabzi goes well with chapati, roti, and rice.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: March 18, 2016