Are you a vegan? Feels like eating Gulab jamun? Here is a vegan gulabjamun recipe for you.
Gulab jamun is a Indian sweet dish which is very popular in India, it is served during festivals or regular days as a dessert. Generally Gulab jamun is made of dairy milk powder & all purpose flour. But there is another recipe for vegans which uses healthy sweet potato as a main ingredient.
- Cooked sweet potato – 1/2 Kg (500 gram) -remove the skin
- 3 tsp rice flour
- Wheat flour -1/4 kg (250 gram)
- 2-3 Spoons of sugar
- 2 spoons of vegetable oil
- Pinch of baking soda.
- Mix all the above ingredient while mashing them nicely by adding very few drops of water. Knead to get a soft texture similar to chapathi dough. Do not add water while kneading dough.
- Make small balls – marble size.
- Deep fry in vegetable oil under low flame to golden color
- Take it out of oil and allow it to cool a bit.
- Transfer to sugar syrup (sugar syrup should be hot, not boiling hot). Keep it in sugar syrup for half an hour to one hour. ( To prepare sugar syrup – For the syrup:4 cups of water, 2 cups of sugar. 4 to 5 pods cardamom, bruised. Keep stirring it under low to medium flame. You can add fre cardamom crushed seeds and saffron).
- Add few sliced almonds and pistachio on the jamun.
- Serve jamun as desert with sugar syrup
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 30, 2016