Okra is one of the most loved vegetable in the world. It contains good amount of digestive fiber that helps to clear system and to is a vegetable that removes unwanted toxins from the body. Okra is good for diabetes condition. It has no fat, contains little carbohydrates and it is packed with antioxidants. Consuming okra promotes not only gut health also skin and joint health. It reduces cholesterol and good for heart.
Okra green chutney is a very simple recipe that needs very few common ingredients from the kitchen.
Okra green chutney recipe:
- Tender okra -12
- Green chili- 3
- Tamarind – 1 inch
- Garlic -3-4 cloves
- Oil – 2 Tsp
- Curry leaves – Few
- Mustard -1 tsp
- Urad dal- ½ tsp
- Salt -as per taste
- Wash and cut okra into small pieces. Cut green chilis into two halves
- Place a frying pan on medium heat, add 1 tsp oil. Transfer okra pieces and green chili pieces and fry for aout 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove okra from heat source and cool it.
- Transfer fried okra, green chili to grinding jar. Add salt, tamarind and garlic.
- Grind the contents to a paste without adding water. Transfer okra chutney into a container
- Prepare seasoning with mustard, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Season okra chutney and serve with rice, chapati, bread or roti.
Image credit: Cut okra: https://www.pxfuel.com/en/free-photo-odbsx (Free for commercial use)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: August 16, 2021