Upma is an easy breakfast, evening snack item. It is generally prepared using cracked wheat.
Variation is replacing cracked wheat with coarse rice.
Here we are giving instant upma mix recipe along with upma recipe.
This is nutritious as well as easy to prepare. Get ready with instant upma mix and prepare upma whenever you want.
Ingredients for instant Upma mix:
- Coarse sooji (cracked wheat)- 2 cups
- Cooking oil – 5 to 6 Tbsp
- Urad dal – 4 tsp
- Channa dal – 4 tsp
- Curry leaves – Few
- Chopped cilantro – ¼ cup
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Cashew – optional – few
- Green chillis – 8
- Heat a pan on medium heat and dry orast coarse sooji till it turns golden brown color and gives roasted aroma.
- Turn off heat and transfer roasted sooji to a plate to cool
- In a pan add oil and heat on medium heat. To heated oil add mustard seeds and let it pop. Add channa and urad daal and cashew (optional). Fry until the daal turns golden brown.
- Add chopped chilli and fry it to become crispy and add curry leaves and chopped cilantro. Let the water evaporate from curry and cilantro.
- Now add roasted sooji and continue frying for 3 to 4 minutes. Sooji will become crunchy. If not continue frying another few minutes. Make sure it does content does not burn. Add salt and mix.
- Allow mix to cool. Store content in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for long term use.
How to prepare upma using instant mix?
- Take one cup instant mix in wide mouth vessel.
- Boil 3 cups of water. 1 cup instant mix
- Add boiled water to instant mix on medium heat. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes by closing lid. Add little oil or ghee while cooking upma. Turn off heat.
- One can add mixed vegetables like beans, onion, carrot for upma – for this cut vegetable small and fry in little oil. Add boiled water and let vegetables cook. Add instant upma mix and cook.
- Add little fresh grated coconut and mix.
- If you prefer before serving add little lemon juice, mix and serve.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: April 12, 2018