Another important festival is in the corner for all Indians – Deepavali or Diwali The festival of Lights. Deepavali brings joy with crackers, new clothes, holidays and many yummy foods – both sweets and spicy foods ! We always worry what to eat because most of these sweets and spicy foods contain lot of fat and brings more calorie to body. Here is one simple recipe with fewer fats and is also very tasty – corn flake mixture.
Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes.
- Plain cornflakes : 3 cups
- Peanuts: One cup
- Dry Chenna daal : 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts: 1/4 cup
- Raisins: Few
- Red chilli powder: 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder: One tsp
- Curry leaves: Two strings
- Red chilli – Two
- Green chilli – Thinly sliced – two
- Dry coconut pieces (copra) – 1/4 cup
- Mustard: for seasoning
- Salt : to taste
- Oil: One tablespoon
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, dry chenna daal, red chilli, green chilli and curry leaves and fry. Let green chilli becomes crispy.
2. Add peanuts, dry coconut pieces and fry until both turn brown
3. Add cashew nuts and raisins – let cashew nuts turn golden brown and raisin bulge- turn off the flame
4. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, followed by cornflakes
5. Toss and mix well. Allow it to cool and store in airtight container.
6. Serve corn mixture as a snack item on Deepavali day.
Happy Deepavali to all our readers !
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: November 4, 2015