Yummy evening snack with tea – baked and deep fried corn pakoras (corn fritters) recipes are for pakora lovers! Baking option helps to avoid taking too much oil into the system. If you prefer deep fried pakoras then use traditional method of deep frying.
Recipe calls for grated ginger, cumin seeds, asafetida. All three healthy ingredients help to digest chickpea flour easily and avoids stomach bloating. Adding leafy vegetables makes pakora healthier and less guilt conscious for those who afraid to eat deep friend fritters!
- Corn kernels (fresh or frozen) – 2 cups
- Besan/chickpea flour – 1 ½ cups
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Chopped cilantro/coriander leaves -1/4 cup
- Chopped curry leaves – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Grated ginger – 1 tsp
- Oil for baking/frying
- Spinach, palak or fenugreek leaves – chopped -1/4 cup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl add besan flour and other ingredients. Mix well, add enough water to make a thick batter.
- Spray oil on baking sheet and drop dollops of fitter batter on the baking sheet by using a spoon.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 30 to 35 mins. After 15 minutes flip the fritters.
- When you feel, fritters are baked properly, remove from the oven and serve hot with chutney of your choice.
- Mix all the ingredients as in step 2 (above).
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan.
- Drop dollops of fritter batter in the heated oil. Fry on both sides till fritters turn golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot, deep fried pakoras with chutney or ketchup of your choice.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: September 12, 2017