Epidemic and pandemic diseases are primarily different in terms of spread of an illness. An epidemic is limited to one specific region while a pandemic has a worldwide spread.
Tag: Zika virus
Zika Epidemic 2015- Present :Zika virus was first reported in Brazil. It became epidemic in February 2016. Group of scientists discovered temporal and geographical distribution of Zika virus from 1947 to Feb 2016.
Zika is transmitted almost exclusively by the Aedes mosquito, which is most active during daylight hours.
Know about WeRIndia
- Sleep added to cardiovascular health checklist
- Only 1 in 5 people in the U.S. has optimal heart health
- No more binge eating: Signal pathway in the brain that controls food intake discovered
- Higher protein intake while dieting leads to healthier eating
- Microbial link between Western-style diet and incidence of colorectal cancer uncovered
- Why many cancer cells need to import fat