Epidemic and pandemic diseases are primarily different in terms of spread of an illness. An epidemic is limited to one specific region while a pandemic has a worldwide spread.
Tag: Zika virus
Zika Epidemic 2015- Present :Zika virus was first reported in Brazil. It became epidemic in February 2016. Group of scientists discovered temporal and geographical distribution of Zika virus from 1947 to Feb 2016.
Zika is transmitted almost exclusively by the Aedes mosquito, which is most active during daylight hours.
Know about WeRIndia
- Patients with heart rhythm disorder warned against heavy alcohol consumption
- Glucosamine may reduce overall death rates as effectively as regular exercise, study suggests
- Older adults in wealthier countries drink more alcohol
- Lab results don't explain 'obesity paradox,' but bias may
- Gut microbes: a key to normal sleep
- Foods & Supplements to Support Memory