Raw bananas are healthy and contain nutrients that support our digestive system. The main ingredient is starch and the same starch converts to sugar in ripened bananas. The starch in raw banana does not digest in small intestine totally, hence it is considered as dietary fiber. Another ingredient in raw banana is pectin. Both pectin and starch are good for blood sugar maintenance and digestive health.
Know about WeRIndia
- Weights can be weapons in battle against obesity
- Microbes help orchestrate how the gut uses its genes
- A single hormone directs body's responses to low-protein diet
- Bacteria with recording function capture gut health status
- People choose healthier food when with outsiders for fear of being negatively judged
- From cavefish to humans: Evolution of metabolism in cavefish may provide insight into treatments for a host of diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and stroke