Nipah name is originated from Sungai Nipah, a village in the Malaysian Peninsula where pig farmers became ill with encephalitis (1998). On this occasion, pigs were the intermediate hosts.
Puliyogare is famous dish made of tamarind, jaggery and spices. It is a delicacy of South Indian states -Karnataka, Andra Pradesh, Tamil nadu & Kerala.
A South Indian breakfast item Coconut -rice dosa or Neeru dose or Mangalore dose is very popular in Karnataka and some parts of Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
Lately coconut is gaining lot of attention and it is all for good reasons.
Know about WeRIndia
- Antibiotic use linked to greater risk of heart attack and stroke in women
- Time-restricted eating shows benefits for blood glucose
- The neurobiology of noshing: Why is it so easy to overeat calorie-rich tasty foods?
- Could a popular food ingredient raise the risk for diabetes and obesity?
- Smelling with your tongue
- What is a chocolate cyst?