Age-related macular degeneration or macular degeneration is an eye disease with onset at any age, usually after age 60, that progressively destroys the macula- the central portion of the retina that helps with focus.
Know about WeRIndia
- Weights can be weapons in battle against obesity
- Microbes help orchestrate how the gut uses its genes
- A single hormone directs body's responses to low-protein diet
- Bacteria with recording function capture gut health status
- People choose healthier food when with outsiders for fear of being negatively judged
- From cavefish to humans: Evolution of metabolism in cavefish may provide insight into treatments for a host of diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and stroke