It is important to put good thoughts and making kids think about community and the world they live in. When you get time sit with your kid and ask thought provoking and valuable questions that will shape up their lives. Depending on the age group that your kids falls into, you can ask some of the following questions that are relevant to them. See whether you will get satisfying answers. If you don’t then explain them what is wrong in their answer. Ask same questions after few months and get an answer. This will help child to get along with peers, family and in society.
- If could change one rule that your family has, what would you change?
- What is something that makes your family special?
- Of all the things you are learning, what do you think will be the most useful when you are an adult?
- Are you a good sibling? Why do you think so?
- Are you a good friend? Why do you think so?
- How do you respond when you see someone is bullying a special need child?
- How would the world be different if animals could talk?
- Would you cheat on a test if you knew you would not be caught? Why or why not?
- If you could grow up to be famous, what would you want to be famous for?
- If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
- What is the best gift you have ever given? Why was it so special?
- What is the hardest thing about being a kid?
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
- If you could give one gift to every single child in the world, what gift would you give?
- If you could travel back in time three years and visit your younger self, what advice would you give yourself?
- What five words do you think most describe you?
- If you could invent something that would make life easier for people, what would you invent?
- When was a time that you felt lucky?
- What do you think would be the hardest thing about being blind or not able to speak?
- If you could make one rule that everyone in the world had to follow, what rule would you make? Why?
- Will you help your parents in house work? Why or why not?
- Why do you think everyday exercise is important?
- Do you think it is important to have a cell phone/smart phone and for what reasons?
- Do you know there are unfortunate kids in the world? How can you help them?
- Do you talk to strangers and give them any information about family?
- Do you like to spend time with your grandparents during vacation?
Ask these questions and get answers. Tell them to think before they answer. If they don’t understand help them to understand the meaning of the questions. After few months repeat the questions and see whether the answers are different from earlier session. You may find difference in your child’s thinking process too.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 4, 2017