Young minds does not understand the benefit of eating fresh fruits and vegetables. As parents, we need to introduce kids to varieties of seasonal fruits and vegetables and make it interesting to eat just like snacks. It is critical for children to eat fresh produce and fulfill their daily needs of fruits as well as vegetables. Few tips to sneak fruits and vegetables in kids daily food
- Kids love dips – homemade hummus dip is the best. Try mild cilantro or bell pepper chutney or peanut butter dip.
- Prepare soup, stews and baked items using fruits. Add dry fruits and nuts into baked items.
- Fruit salad with ice cream – varieties, combination of fruit salad with vanilla ice cream sounds yummy for them!
- Take them to local farm trips where they can pick up apples, strawberries, blueberries and pumpkin
- Prepare smoothie using fruit mixes
- Prepare low calorie vegetable chips at home – bake them with low salt and introduce it as snack item
- While cooking rice add carrots, peas, beans and little spice – this way they will get introduce to spice too!
- When they ask for fruit juice, instead give them fresh juicy fruits like watermelon, oranges, mango. This reduces their sugar intake.Use creative ideas (as shown in pictures) and ask them to identify the fruit names.
Image courtesy: Pintrest , Facebook and Google
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 22, 2018