Rice is a staple food for almost half of the world’s population, supplying as much as half of the daily calories. Rice is also an important beautifying ingredient. For centuries, Asian women have used rice water to beautify their face, body and hair. Traditionally, female rice farmers in China, Japan, and other Southeast Asian countries used to bathe and wash in the water used for cleaning rice.
Rice water is useful when somebody is having stomach issues like vomiting or diarrhea. It is calming to the upset stomach, amazingly bland, starchy, and gets some nutrients in your patient. Rice water contains vitamins such as B1, C, E, as well as minerals.
How do you prepare rice water?
This is a very simple procedure. Rice water is the suspension of starch obtained by draining boiled rice or by boiling rice until it completely dissolves into the water or washed rice water.
2 cup uncooked rice (brown, white long grain, white short grain, jasmine, or whatever you have)
2 cups water
1) Wash two cups of raw rice in water and collect the water. OR
2) Boil the rice or cook the raw rice in water in a container. After rice cooked, collect the water. Cool and store the water.
- Provides energy
- Successfully prevents gastroenteritis
- Excellent in preventing cancer
- Regulates body temperature
- Prevents and cures constipation
- Raw rice water can be a good summer drink: Add sugar or jaggery, powdered cardamom to rice water and drink to cool the system
- After cooling down the boiled rice water – add buttermilk, salt and little asafetida and drink. This helps to cure upset stomach.
- If you wash your face with rice-water, your skin will be softer
- It is an excellent tonic replacement
- Assists in the closed pores on face
- If you wash your hair with rice-water, hair will become more shinier and healthier.
- The rice water and salt solution makes an effective ointment for itchy skin as it mildly cleanses and suppresses germs on the surface.
Image courtesy: http://womenguides.com/
See more at:
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 15, 2016