Which Essential Oils Help Improve Your Oral Health?
Essential oils are the new hype that is not only popular for their aromatic properties but is also increasingly used in therapy, owing to their exceptional healing benefits.
They have been widely used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine for various treating health issues—a trend that has again gained momentum. Essential oils can be used for personal care, ingestion, relieving stress, enhancing immunity, boosting energy, and much more.
Additionally, they also help in boosting your oral health—a benefit often ignored. Our mouths are home to bacteria, toxins, fungi, and viruses, which can cause cavities, tooth decay, gum diseases, and other chronic infections.
Thus, you would want to know how you can solve the problem. So, here some essential oils highly effective in supporting oral health and treating the associated issues. However, remember not to ingest these essential oils unless mentioned.
Clove Essential Oil
- An exceptionally significant essential oil for oral health, Clove oil was primarily used to relieve tooth pain in traditional Chinese medicine for years.
- Offering effective germicidal properties, clove oil is also famous among dentists as a disinfectant often used while doing root canals and relieving pain.
- It also helps eliminate bad breath and reduces the chances of gum diseases.
Oregano Essential Oil
- Oregano essential oil possesses powerful antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, making it the best oil to fight bacterial and fungal infections in our mouth.
- Oregano in Australia, when combined with coconut oil is extensively used for oral oil pulling treatments, and is recommended by dentists.
Peppermint Essential Oil
● Thanks to its superb cooling properties, peppermint oil is effective in soothing tooth and muscle pains.
- It is also extremely powerful for treating cavities and mouth and gum diseases by killing the anaerobic bacteria that thrive in our mouths’ low oxygen environment.
- Its antifungal properties make it an efficient remedy against several yeast infections.
- The peppermint present in the oil is widely known to offer a refreshing taste and eliminate stinking breath.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Tea tree oil is a general natural remedy to treat bad breath and is highly effective in reducing plaque.
- It is also one of the most common ingredients in DIY toothpaste and mouthwash, as it can effectively kill mouth bacteria, and prevent tooth decay and bleeding gums.
Cinnamon Essential Oil
- An effective cleanser, cinnamon oil possesses antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties and is widely used for getting relief from sore throat.
- Thanks to its potent antimicrobial property, the oil has long been used in medical treatments to treat gingivitis, tooth decay, and other gum diseases.
Therefore, besides using the above essential oils, you can maintain oral health for a long time by practicing good oral hygiene habits. It is also recommended to have a nutrient-rich diet to strengthen your teeth. Moreover, it is crucial to remember that the essential oils add to your oral health; they cannot entirely replace your regular oral hygiene regimen.
However, don’t use just any oil. Let your dentist prescribe one based on your oral health. To see a dentist, click here to Choose the Best Dentist in UAE.
First Image Attribution CC0 Public Domain
First Image Credit:- https://pxhere.com/en/photo/496715
Second Image Credit:- Image by lisa runnels from Pixabay
Second Image :- https://pixabay.com/photos/girl-bonnet-portrait-happy-204327/
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 14, 2020
« Amazing Benefits of Cordyceps Mushroom 10 fitness resolutions that will help improve your health »
Write a comment