Healthcare workers and volunteers are often are the frontline responders and face of the outbreak of the community. Their attitude and advice have significant influence on how community members might perceive, accept or reject their advice
Ten things community must know about a outbreak -According to WHO there are ten critical things every community member should be aware of when it comes to disease outbreak. First three points are:
Fourth, fifth and sixth key points that community should be aware of disease outbreak are
Last few points are regarding how to approach outbreak, identify, communicate to stop the fear in people. In the era of social media, internet browsing – more information is available.
Ensuring effective community engagement :Following three elements are needed for communities and for field responders.
While adults are worried about coronavirus breakout and how to protect family, kids also sense the tension in community, home and school about coronavirus.
Hand wash helps to avoid sickness. Washing hands is key in stopping not just coronavirus spread also other types of illness.
These type of physical contacts of individuals can transfer the germs from one person to another. Not all the time we are in proximity of hand sanitizer or water to wash our hands.
Know about WeRIndia
- Genes identified that increase the risk of obesity but also protect against disease
- Vitamin D deficiency does not increase risk of type 1 diabetes, study finds
- Study estimates two-thirds of COVID-19 hospitalizations due to four conditions
- Hormone helps prevent muscle loss in mice on high fat diets
- Toddler sleep patterns matter
- High fructose diets could cause immune system damage